Well I had intended to post up a video today, but after discovering this Comp Safari/Rally Land Rover Discovery on Ebay last night, I thought I would post this up instead.
The spec on this Discovery is enormous, and somebody has spent a absolute fortune on it kitting it out with all the right bits.
It looks like a no reserve auction, so I am watching this one to see what price it fetches!
300bhp Land Rover Discovery Racer/Rally car for sale
This Land Rover Discovery racer regularly outpaces group N Subaru Imprezas & Mitsubishi Evos on national level stage rallies, and was previously a BORC class winning car.
Engine spec: 300bhp John Eales race spec 4.8 litre V8 with forged pistons, steel rods, big valve heads etc. It has only done 2 events since a total rebuild, and has new DTA engine management – distributorless. It has no air flow meter and an ITG filter.
As for the full spec, check out this little lot!
- MSA log booked
- Engine & PAS coolers
- Saudi Arabian spec viscous fan & radiator
- Lightened John Eales flywheel
- Big bore John Eales Dakar spec exhaust headers
- AP racing paddle clutch with stainless braided clutch lines
- Brand new R380 g/box
- Viscous transfer box & disc handbrake
- Vented discs & race brake pads with stainless braided brake lines throughout
- QT Services quick ratio steering box
- KAM 3.8 ratio & heavy duty diffs with latest Ashcroft “unbreakable” halfshafts & CV joints
- Milner Varidamp remote reservoir racing shockers with Tomcat Motorsport valving
- Tomcat race spec springs
- ATL bag fuel tank – Bosch high pressure racing pump with Facet Red-Top
- Full Safety Devices roll cage
- Plumbed in Lifeline electronic extinguisher + handheld
- In-date 5 point harnesses & Sparco seats
- SPA Design fuel pressure & voltage gauge, water temp & oil pressure gauge
- Terratrip 303 rally computer
- Matt Lee Mach 5 wheels with medium compound Silverstone gravel tyres
This Discovery is ready to rally, comp safari or hillrally.
A new M-Sport rally car forces sale of this fully sorted, very fast Discovery.